How To Purchase Best Baby Mattress For Your Newborn Child?
A comfortable baby mattress is beneficial for your parents because it helps their kids to sleep comfortably. Parents should always purchase a high-quality baby mattress for their kids, which is much better than normal sleeping mattress. There are various baby mattresses available in the market, especially for newborn babies.
It is always difficult for new parents to purchase baby care stuff for their kids. Yes, as a new parent, you’ll always prefer a traditional mattresses, but they are not appropriate for your kids. Your kids will have to struggle while sleeping on such mattresses. Therefore it’s necessary to purchase a separate baby mattress for your kids.
Do you know that sleeping nurtures your kid’s mental growth? Yes, its true, your baby is likely to be more active when they enjoy cozy nights. Currently, large size baby mattresses are also available in the market, where mothers and babies can sleep comfortably.
In this article, we’ll discuss deeply the baby mattress. As a parent, it’s your responsibility to do the best for your kid. Scientifically, baby mattress enhances the muscle development of newborn babies. Even it helps in the bone development of your kids.
Features To Consider Before Buying A Baby Mattress
- Waterproof Mattress – Yes, your desired baby mattress should feature a waterproof cover. Babies sometimes urinate on the mattress or spill milk on the mattress. Due to which, your mattress becomes dirty and unhygienic. Therefore, go for a waterproof mattress to keep your baby away from different types of diseases.
- Check The Firmness – During the early stages, the baby mattress needs to be firm, which improves the baby’s development and safety. Remember, if the mattress is too soft, your baby will be uncomfortable. There are chances that your baby starts suffocating while sleeping on that mattress. Your desired baby mattress should support the bone development of your kid. Therefore before buying any mattress, check the softness level by placing your hands over it.
- Size Of The Mattress – The size of your mattress should be perfect for your baby. You actually have to be more particular when it comes to the size of your baby mattress. Therefore, ‘two-finger test’ is important while purchasing a baby mattress. The distance between your crib and mattress should be two fingers. Yes, but always try to go for a bigger size, because your infant will grow every month. In simpler words, the size of a mattress should be perfect according to your baby.
- Check The Mattress Materials – As a parent, the health and safety of your baby are important. The material used in making the mattress should also be taken into consideration. Newborn babies are likely to fall sick due to synthetic materials. This synthetic materials lead to suffocation and asthma. Mattress made up of organic materials are preferred for babies. These mattresses are a bit expensive, but it’s a one-time investment. Mattress made up of pads is a cheaper option; therefore, always check the material of your desired mattress.
Benefits Of Buying Baby Mattress
- Buying a baby mattress enhances the safety level of your newborn babies. Your baby will mostly prefer sleeping and playing on their mattress. Therefore baby mattress is not just for sleeping, but it enhances the overall development of your kid.
- The baby mattress is necessary, especially for anxious kids. During the early stages, the majority of babies are anxious, and such situations are challenging for new parents. To get rid of this, the baby mattress can actually be helpful for newborn babies. They will experience ultimate relaxation while sleeping or playing on the baby mattress.
- Buying a baby mattress is not just beneficial for babies, but parents are also benefited. Yes, sleeping with newborn babies is actually challenging for the parents. Babies mostly cry during nights because they are a bit anxious. But as we also mentioned above, crib mattress reduces the anxiety level of your kids. They feel much comfortable than sleeping on a normal mattress.
- Baby mattresses are designed in such a way that babies should be free from all the breathing issues and allergies. Such mattresses are a bit expensive, but they are even recommended by the doctors. Apart from these, there are innumerable health benefits of buying baby mattresses.
Buying Guide For Baby Mattress
- There are majorly two types of baby mattresses which are highly recommended by doctors. One is memory foam and innerspring; both are perfect for newborn babies. Memory foam is most preferred if the foam is soft and durable. Innerspring mattresses are popular, especially in US countries. If you want to save your money, then go for an innerspring mattress. Otherwise, spend some extra money and go for a memory foam mattress.
- Quality matters a lot when it comes to buying a baby mattress. Cheap quality mattresses are made up of low-quality foam, and they don’t last long. High-quality mattresses are way better than purchasing such low-quality mattresses. Yes, they are expensive, but your baby will undoubtedly enjoy while sleeping on a high-quality mattress.
- The cover of the mattress should be washable and water-resistant. Kids mostly play and make the mattress dirty, which even ruins the inner material. Therefore a washable and water-resistant cover is essential for your mattress.
- The warranty of the mattress is also important because it never trusts on the sellers’ words. You cannot blindly purchase according to the seller’s suggestions. Therefore, research before buying and always check the warranty period of your desired mattress.
We hope that all your questions related to the baby mattress are cleared. In simpler words, always go for a high-quality mattress with a washable cover because it is helpful for a longer run. Never go for cheaper options because they are not appropriate for your kids. It’s your responsibility to provide ultimate relaxation to your baby. Don’t overthink, just go and purchase the perfect baby mattress.