Over The Range Microwaves: Buying Guide And Benefits
Microwave is one of the most beneficial and must-have home appliances. In this technology-driven world, there are various types of microwaves available in the market. You’ll surely get confused while purchasing a microwave according to your requirements. These microwaves are blessed with innumerable features, and they can do a lot more apart from baking.
Over the range (OTR), microwaves are much better than your traditional microwaves. These microwaves are directly installed over the gas stove. Apart from countertop microwave, OTR microwaves keep your kitchen clean and clutter-free. These microwaves are not portable, and they can drain your pockets too.
OTR microwaves feature in-built exhaust fans, which easily eliminates steam, smoke, and cooking odors. You can choose from an OTR microwave or switch to a traditional microwave. In this article, we’ll discuss a lot about different types of microwaves.
Apart from that, we’ll even help you out to purchase the best microwave according to your requirements. We have researched for hours to curate the buying guide for microwaves. In simpler words, once you go through this article, all your doubts will be cleared about different microwaves.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing Over The Range Microwaves
- Cooking Requirements – In India, there is a wide range of different cooking styles. These microwaves can be used daily or occasionally during weekends and parties. If you are an occasional user, then you should be away from all fancy features. In simpler words, you don’t have to pay for the extraordinary features. If you love to make new dishes daily or prepare your entire meal through microwave, then you need a highly-advanced microwave
- Wattage – Every microwave has its own specific wattage range. A high wattage microwave will cook the food within minutes. But higher wattage microwaves are only beneficial for daily users. The standard wattage range of microwaves is 600 to 1200 watts. If you are a light user, then go for an 800 wattage microwave. Heavy users should go for 1000 or 1200 wattage microwaves.
- Size of Family – You should never purchase a small microwave if your family is big. For example, if you have a family of four, then you’ll need a full-size microwave. If you are single and just married, you can opt for a small-size microwave. If you prefer a one-time investment, then whether your family is small or big, go for a large-size microwave.
- Features of microwave – Every seller mostly drains their pockets by spending their money on the features. They actually trust the sellers and pay extra money for some useless features. But some features are essential to get your job done comfortably. Therefore, the most significant feature you need in your microwave is Sensor Cooking. This feature releases the moisture from your food. Apart from that, Preprogrammed Cooking and Programmable Cooking are the must-have features in your desired microwave. Additional features are also beneficial like, one-touch defrost, perfect popcorn features, minute-plus options, etc. In simpler words, don’t fall for high-end microwaves because they are not for your family. See your requirements and then pick a perfect microwave.
Benefits Of Buying Over The Range Microwaves
- The best benefit of purchasing over the range microwaves is it consumes less space in your kitchen. If your kitchen is a bit small, then these microwaves are perfect for you. Your kitchen should be much organized than in your bedroom. Yes, other appliances should also fit in your kitchen. Therefore OTR microwaves are much better than traditional ones. Make sure you install your OTR microwave according to your height
- Sometimes, we find that our kitchen starts evacuating bad smells and cooking odor. We don’t want our kitchen should ruin the cooking mood of your better half. In that case, OTR microwaves can keep your kitchen away from the bad smell. These microwaves feature incorporated fans, which effectively remove the bad odor from the atmosphere.
- When it comes to cooking food, they are much than traditional microwaves. Yes, they are a bit expensive, but you’ll never regret buying OTR microwaves. It’s like a one-time investment, and they are quite durable too. If you are finding something for a longer run, then OTR microwaves are perfect.
Buying Guide For OTR microwaves
- Whenever you think of purchasing a microwave, the first thing which comes to our mind is the price. Yes, currently, the market is filled with innumerable OTR microwaves.
- OTR microwaves are way cheaper, but there are few budget-friendly options available in the market. But make sure your kitchen size should be perfect for OTR microwaves. This is the perfect time to purchase an OTR microwave, which will be available at around $100.
- Safety is the next thing which should be taken into consideration. Make sure your preferred microwave should prefer safety alarms and indicators.
- Ventilation is one of the most important factors when it comes to OTR microwaves. The ventilation depends on the size of the OTR microwaves. Broader size microwaves provide more ventilation in the kitchen.
- Your OTR microwave should be durable because you are spending extra money on it. The average shelf life of a microwave should is around 10 to 12 years. Therefore check the ratings and reviews of your preferred microwave. You even have to research and compare the prices of different models
- When it comes to in-built material, you have to be more particular than price and features. Mostly the outer body is made up of glass top or stainless steel. The inner body is of fiber which is eco-friendly and hypoallergenic. If you are purchasing online, then don’t forget to check the specification list. If you prefer offline stores, then ask the seller about the material. Never spend money on the cheap plastic outer body.
This was all about Over the range (OTR) microwaves and its benefits. These microwaves have their own advantages and disadvantages. Don’t wait now, just rush to the stores and purchase a microwave and enjoy the benefits of discounts.