As a homemaker, you’ll love to design and maintain your lawn. But, maintaining the home lawn is not easy; you actually need more patience and skills. If you have a big lawn similar to a plot, then you’ll surely need lawnmowers to get rid of the nasty grass and small plants.
Now comes the question which lawn mower is perfect according to your budget and requirements? The zero turn mower will be ideal if you have a big lawn or plot. Maintaining such areas is not easy with a simple lawnmower. Zero-turn mower professionally cut the grass quickly and comfortably.
How To Choose A Perfect Zero Turn Lawn Mower?
Zero turn mowers are known for their speed, power, and maneuverability. You can easily steer the rear wheels to 180 degrees. In simpler words, you’ll never get any circles of uncut grass after using this lawnmower. These lawnmowers can easily cut the grass from the corners and even from the rough surface.
The maximum speed of these lawn mowers is 7 mph. These lawnmowers are a bit expensive than your normal lawnmowers. But it’s a one-time investment, and purchasing such lawnmowers are helpful for a longer run.
In this article, we’ll discuss a lot about zero-turn lawnmowers. If you are thinking of purchasing zero turn mowers, then this article would clear all your doubts.
Features To Consider While Purchasing Zero Turn Lawn Mowers
- Deck Construction And Durability – Whatever you purchase, your equipment should be quite sturdy. When it comes to deck construction, it should be built with a gauge of steel. A commercial mower and a residential mower can be easily differentiated by seeing the deck construction. Commercial decks are made up of heavy steel gauge, and the residential mower is built with lighter steel gauge. Thin steel is less durable than your normal stainless steel.
- Design Of Engine And Capability– Whenever you see the price tag, you’ll come to know about the number of cylinders. Single engine cylinders are mostly used in the common models. Top tier mowers featured twin-cylinder OHB engines. Make sure whatever mowers you are purchasing, it should consist of twin cylinders.
- Comfort And Tire Width – Wider tires help the mower to cut the grass in a larger area. Four ply-rated rated tires are ideal for zero turn mowers. It helps the zero turn mowers to function properly, even on the rough surface. Zero turn mowers with ply-rated tires feature exceptional speed and maneuverability. When it comes to comfort, you should actually different models of zero turn mowers. Uncomfortable seats can lead to back problems, and you’ll regret after purchasing it.
Benefits Of Buying Zero Turn Lawn Mowers
- As we said above, it is not easy to maintain a lawn. But, a zero turn mower is the equipment that maintains the lawns easily. You can easily achieve the perfect border strips with the help of these mowers.
- Zero-turn mowers feature various comfortable features. These lawn mowers consist of power steering in every model. Such lawn mowers mostly have comfortable seats for the users. These lawnmowers can easily maintain 5 acres of land. They come with various attachments to customize according to your requirements.
- When it comes to moving lawns, better maneuverability increases efficiency. These mowers can also turn within a smaller area. Even in the challenging areas, these lawnmowers can do their job perfectly.
- When it comes to weed eating, you’ll mostly prefer lawnmowers. Lawnmowers are much reliable and comfortable than weed eating. With excellent maneuverability, you can easily mow closer to obstacles such as trees and fencing. You don’t actually need trimmer if you have a perfect lawnmower.
Buying Guide For Zero Turn Lawn Mowers
- Entry-level zero turn lawn mowers are specially designed for the weekend maintenance. You can actually use these lawnmowers once or twice a week. But these lawnmowers are super affordable and better than lawn tractors.
- Mid-grade zero turn mowers feature a robust design and mechanism. These lawnmowers can easily handle more than 5 acres of land. If you want your lawn to have perfect stripes, then choose commercial lawnmowers. These machines are durable and perfect for a longer run.
- Deck size also matters a lot when it comes to purchasing zero-turn lawnmowers. A larger deck size effectively cuts the nasty grass within minutes. When you have a large deck size, the maneuverability of your lawnmower increases.
- Every lawn mower available in the market will feature different engine sizes. Commercial zero turn lawn mowers feature larger engines and highly-recommended for bigger plots. These engines feature better horsepower for mowing the lawns. Entry lawn mowers will have the least horsepower.
- The speed of lawnmowers depends on the engines and weight. Every lawn mower comes with top speed, such as 6 or 7 mph. This factor should be taken into consideration if you are using lawn mowers commercially.
- Lawnmowers with high speed quickly cut the grass without any hassle. In simpler words, mowing your lawn becomes easy, if you have a zero turn lawn mower with at least 7 or 8 mph speed.
- When it comes to price, you’ll surely get confused to pick a perfect zero turn mower. Currently, the market is blessed with innumerable lawn mowers with different price tags. Entry-level lawn mowers are at a cheaper side.
- But the most highly-advanced zero turn lawn mowers will cost around $5000. If you have a decent budget, then go for semi zero turn lawn mowers, which is highly recommended by the professionals. If you can spend some extra money, then commercial lawn mowers will be a perfect option.
This was all about the zero turn lawnmowers. In simpler words, you’ll be having various doubts while purchasing any gear for your market. It is always advised that you should research well before spending your hard-earned money.